Leaderboard
728x15

IMG_1894 (with camera)

Large Rectangle

A few nice vacations for cheap images I found:


IMG_1894 (with camera)
vacations for cheap
Image by matthimrod
The contents of my bag. I never realized how much stuff I carry around until I took this picture.

Note that the camera looks weird because I took the same pic on my Blackberry and cut-and-pasted the camera into this one because I'm a dork like that.


Happy birthday/superbowl to me
vacations for cheap
Image by sundaykofax
I'm 31 today. I'm 6 months pregnant, I just agreed to buy a condo, and
I'm in the Bahamas*. I feel like I'm getting adulty real fast.

Jason feels similarly. We planned the pregnancy, but the trip and the
home buying were very recent decisions. Everything fell into place. We
thought about taking a quick trip, and found cheap flights. We have
friends who recently bought a place and had a kick-ass realtor who
they recommended, who helped us find exactly what we were looking for
in less than a week. We'll get the home-buying tax credit, and will
have our own home before the Soybean arrives. It feels overwhelming,
but all of our decisions have a great deal of logic behind them.

Now my brain just has to catch up.

*I was only mildly horrified to learn that people refer to our trip as
a "babymoon". Really, it's our belated honeymoon. We never took one
when we got married, mostly because I had a no vacation days during my
first year at the Millicent library.



vacations for cheap
Image by seafaringwoman
Not long before this photo was taken, our entire crew went kayaking around the bay, passing these giant rock formations with the salty water splashing all around us. While paddling around, Lyn spotted a giant jellyfish that we were able, after some teamwork paddle maneuvering, to get just inches away from. For me, the highlight of kayaking in the bay was paddling up to a floating market, buying and consuming a cheap can of beer right there in the bay with new travel friends. It was such a perfect way to relax and kick off my vacation, and certainly a once in a lifetime experience.

Banner