A few nice vacations in images I found:
Top of White Pass (in black & white)
Image by greyloch
The top of White Pass mountain is technically in Canada but the Canadian border station is halfway down the other side of the mountain. This was above the cloud line and near white-out conditions. If it weren't for the slush and the road off in the background, I could see getting easily turned around and lost up there. Our tour-guide said not to venture too far off the road as the snow was 20' deep and she didn't have the equipment to pull us loose if we fell.
Tech stuff: I added a B&W layer along with a Topaz Adjust "Dramatic" filter at 30% strength. My minor PS corrections made the place a lot more colorful and clearer than it seemed and I wanted to show how... isolated, dreary, and dangerous this place really was.



