Check out these about animals images:
Cute Close-Up
Image by Furryscaly
This tiny centipede is cleaning his antennae at the bottom of a 4oz deli cup, so he was fairly small, about 1cm long. I found him among the substrate in Eleventwentynine's enclosure, in Maryland, USA. It's a juvenile stone centipede from the Lithobiidae family and probably the Lithobius genus. I'm not sure what species though.
Check out my group for centipedes and millipedes, Myriapoda :)
Orange Eyed Frog
Image by Not So Much
Just took this picture about 30 minutes ago. I work at night and on my days off I try to stay on the same sleep schedule. I came across this little frog in a puddle on the sidewalk, coming back from the laundry room in the middle of the night. I went to get my camera and put the macro lens on, plus I attached an Nikon SU-800 and 2 Nikon SB-R200 flash units on a ring around the lens.
I went back to the frog and discovered my D70 could not autofocus in the dark, and I couldn't see well enough to do it manually. So I went and got a flashlight, which is on the ground to the left, pointing right into the face of the frog. This gave the camera enough light to focus. Then after taking a few pictures in TTL, I switched the flashes to manual and took one flash off the ring and held it in my left hand. That one was at 1/8 power. The one on the right on the ring is at 1/16 power. Then I brought the lens up real close, only a few inches from the frog, and took about 6 shots. This is the one I liked the best.
I adjusted the levels, color, contrast, and sharpness with Nikon Capture NX. I didn't add any colors, just selectively enhanced the brightness and saturation here and there, like in the eye. NX has a cool tool called color control points for doing that. I try not to push things too far, so it still looks real -- just want it to pop a little more.
It's cool to find subjects right nearby to photograph. I could set up a little studio on my kitchen table and capture frogs for a series of frog pictures. Hmmm......



